The Hunter Museum has lots of ways for children to explore the arts.
Children 17 and under FREE everyday!
Kids & families events
Summer ART Camps – Weekly June through July
Taught by local artists and museum professionals, Hunter Summer Art Camps are designed to immerse campers in a hands-on approach to artistic methods, materials, and inspirations. The majority of the day will be spent outside and in the open lobby of the museum.
Each week is unique, and campers may choose to return to build on inspiration and skills learned previous weeks.
Safety protocols will include:
- Face coverings will be required for campers and staff throughout the day inside and outside the museum
- Multiple hand washing breaks throughout the day
- Social distancing
For more information contact Kris Bespalec at CBespalec@huntermuseum.org.
Volunteer opportunities for rising 9th-12th graders are available: click here for more information.
The resources we give to classroom teachers are also available for virtual schoolers. We have a variety of options that can be tailored to your child’s needs and interests.
- Browse Virtual Hunter for art activities, tutorials, mini tours, and museum guides for kids. We can help you integrate these into your child’s assigned curriculum.
- Bring your child on a small and safe group tour. You can enjoy the museum with your child and a few friends. Museum educators design and lead tours to match your child’s age and interests. Physical distancing and masks are required.
- Schedule a virtual tour with a group of virtual schooling friends. Like the in-person tour, your child can see artworks in the museum and ask questions.
- Reach out to us with questions! We can help you enhance your curriculum with art and creativity.
FAMILY FUN DAYS
Designed for our youngest guests, Family Fun Days are interactive and engaging. Bring the whole family for an afternoon of fun at the museum with hands-on activities, games, and live performances inspired by the art in our exhibits. Family Fun Days are free to all kids 17 and under, free to members, and only $20 for general admission, which includes admission to all exhibitions and activities.
Start practicing for the Hunter’s next Family Fun Day with activities on Virtual Hunter!
RESOURCES FOR VISITORS ON THE AUTISM SPECTRUM
With a focus on sound, light, and touch, the sensory-friendly map with visitor guidelines and social narrative will assist youth on the Autism Spectrum or with sensory processing disorders in preparing for their visit and navigating the museum.
Visit us in person or enjoy #VirtualHunter online, any time. Create, explore, and experience with us
Create and Play
Enjoy art activities, puzzles, coloring pages, and Zoom backgrounds inspired by art from the collection.
Get art smart with articles, videos, lectures, and explore the Hunter’s permanent collection online.
Standing in Solidarity
We are standing with Black Lives Matter and the fight for equality and justice.
Generous support for projects by:
#VirtualHunter generously sponsored by:
Share your creations @HunterMuseum