HUNTER MUSEUM & EDUCATORS
The 2018-19 school year will feature the first full year of the new Education Fellows program at the Hunter. Thanks to feedback from the spring semester fellows and area educators, the program will be expanded throughout the school year and will feature curriculum-building workshops as well as hands-on learning and exploration of the arts in Chattanooga.
Education Fellows are encouraged to attend all 4 programs, bring students to the Hunter*, and utilize curriculum and learning tools developed during program sessions. Becoming a fellow requires filling out a short online application and committing to participation. 2018-19 Education Fellows will meet on the following dates for programs:
- February 9 | 9am – 12pm Creative Problem Solving: Connecting Disciplines in the Class
- April 27 | 9am – 12pm Project Based Learning Share-Out
- May 2 | 4 – 7pm Education Fellows Student Showcase
*financial support for tours and October workshop available for title 1 and other eligible schools
For more information or questions email email@example.com
FREE REGIONAL SELF-GUIDED TOURS
Thanks to a generous grant from Unum
Each school is responsible for hanging student work in the Studio Hall and taking it down at the beginning and end of each monthly term. The museum cannot store student work before or after the school exhibition and does not provide materials or supplies for hanging work. Thumbtacks and/or nails are usually sufficient for hanging artwork on the hall’s corkboard walls. Colorful background paper can be added.
Studio Hall exhibitions must have a title panel with the school’s name, grades represented, and project descriptions where applicable. Individual artwork labels with student names are optional.
- November 2018: Open
- December 2018: Open
- January 2019: Open
- February 2019: Open
- March 2019: Open
- April 2019: Dade County Middle and High School
- May 2019: Hunter Fellows Exhibit
- June 2019: Hunter Summer Camp
- July 2019: Hunter Summer Camp
- August 2019: Youth Photography Showcase
- September 2019: Hunter Children’s Art Contest Winners
- December 2019: Origin Moment High School Exhibition