- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup salt
- 4 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (coconut oil works too)
- Food coloring (optional)
- Gallon and quart-sized resealable bags
- Wax paper
- Stir together the flour, salt and cream of tartar in a large pot.
- Next add the water and oil. If you’re only making one color, add in the color now as well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue stirring until the dough has thickened and begins to form into a ball.
- Remove from heat and then place inside a gallon-sized bag or onto wax paper.
- Allow to cool slightly and then knead until smooth.
- If you’re making multiple colors, divide the dough into balls (to equal the number of colors you want) and then add the dough into the quart-sized bags. Start with about 5 drops of color and add more to brighten it. Knead the dough inside the bag so it doesn’t stain your hands. Once it’s all mixed together you’re ready to play!
Share your creations @huntermuseum