WHAT TYPES OF EVENTS CAN THE MUSEUM ACCOMMODATE?
The Museum can accommodate both social and corporate events. The versatile auditorium is available during the day for corporate meetings and lunches. In the evening, the possibilities are endless for corporate dinners, rehearsal dinners, weddings and receptions. To view additional photos of our rental areas, please visit the Hunter Museum Dropbox.
WHAT TIMES MAY I HAVE MY EVENT AT THE MUSEUM?
During the day, the auditorium may be rented from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. In the evening, the Museum is available beginning as early as 6 p.m. with setup beginning at 5 p.m.
WHAT DOES YOUR RENTAL FEE INCLUDE?
The rental fee includes your rented space for up to four hours. An additional rental hour may be added for $500.
HOW WILL MY EVENT BE SET-UP?
Each event is unique! With over 8,000 square feet of outdoor terraces and 4,000 square feet of indoor spaces, there are so many ways to create an event that showcases your tastes. And, with all good planning, we ensure you always have a back-up plan if the weather is uncooperative.
WHICH SPACES DO I NEED FOR MY EVENT?
Although most of our clients choose to book all of the rentable spaces of the Museum, you have the option to rent the spaces separately except on Saturdays from March through October. Renting all the spaces gives you endless options. If you have a smaller event, the lobby is a gorgeous location with 2,400 square feet, 40 foot windows and an adjoining terrace. This indoor space is so versatile. For the outdoor option, the River Terrace is the ticket with 8,000 square feet of River views! If the weather does not cooperate, the indoor areas are always available. The Museum does not rent to more than one client per evening.
HOW DOES THE HUNTER COMPARE WITH OTHER VENUES IN CHATTANOOGA?
The Museum is an off-site facility where you rent the space separately from most other services. In comparison, on-site facilities include your catering and other details, but they are pre-determined for you. Using an off-site facility is very cost competitive, and every detail can be completely customized for you. No more banquet menus and boring banquet rooms here! Most off-site facility vendors generally charge much less than their on-site counterparts. Plus, there's no venue in Chattanooga offering such amazing views and contemporary architecture.
AVAILABILITY & DETAILS
- Evening availability Monday through Wednesday; Friday through Sunday
- Daytime rental available Monday through Friday in the Museum Auditorium
- Saturday rentals from March through October require the rental of all spaces
- Evening events may begin at 6 p.m., 6:30 p.m., or 7 p.m. for a four-hour rental. An additional rental hour may be added for $500.
- Daytime events should conclude no later than 5 p.m.
- One hour for set up and one hour for break down is included in rental fee
- Corporate & Non-profit discounts are available
- A date may be held for seven (7) days without a deposit
- All contracts should be reviewed and signed in person when possible
- Contract is due with half deposit within 10 days of issue date
- Remainder of rental fee is due 30 days prior to event date
- Rental fee is non-refundable and non-transferable
- Renter must provide liability insurance
- Food, tables and decorations must be provided by approved vendors
- No candles, matches, ferns, balloons, glitter, confetti, rice, loose petals, sparklers or fountains
- Alcohol service must be provided through the Museum
- Food, beverage, and photography is not allowed in galleries
- Museum is a smoke-free environment for both indoor space and outdoor terraces
- Smoking is allowed in front of the Museum entrance
- Renter is liable for any damages or injury to property and guests
- Renters may not display, sell, give away, or auction art work of any type